This fund has been established to provide employers with flexible workforce development training opportunities to support inclusive economic growth through up-skilling or reskilling of employees. The fund is open to organisations that currently pay the Apprenticeship Levy. This funding is in addition to the existing apprenticeship support which all employers are eligible to access in Scotland; and Individual Training Accounts (ITA’s) which provide eligible individuals with the opportunity to undertake learning opportunities to develop their skills for employment. This fund may be particularly beneficial in addressing skills gaps and the training needs of the older workforce.
· The FWDF is available to all levy-paying employers in Scotland across the private, public and third sectors
· Each levy-paying employer can access up to a maximum of £10,000 in 2017-18
· The FWDF can be used as part-contribution towards training of a higher cost
· Levy-paying employers may submit only one application (in Scotland) within the application period. This application is submitted to your nearest College.
· The FWDF will not support provision of qualifications or training required by legislation
We will be processing applications on a first come first served basis, contact us now to register your interest in this fund at FWDF@ayrshire.ac.uk. A member of our Business Solutions Team will contact you to discuss your training needs and help you make a formal application. Applications close: 22 June 2018. For more information visit the Scottish Government website.