Accountants are in demand in nearly all business sectors across the world, with accurate accounting playing a key role in the success of every organisation. Financial services employment is also growing rapidly and our courses will give you the right skills and knowledge to prepare you for a rewarding career in the accountancy field.
If you’ve got aspirations for a career in accounting, then this course can help you on your way. It is also an acceptable award to industry and professional accounting bodies, and can lead to exemptions from their examinations.
For entry to this course you’ll need:
- An HNC Accounting with a minimum of 15 credits
- An interview with us
This course builds on HNC Accounting. It will develop your existing skills and introduce new ones, so you’re fully prepared and ready to start your career.
Here's just some of what you’ll be doing:
- You’ll look at financial reporting and what’s involved in preparing and analysing financial statements for limited companies as well as a group of companies.
- You’ll learn how to incorporate more specialised financial transactions into accounting records and financial statements, such as shares and debentures in a limited company.
- You’ll look at management accounting for planning and control, as well as decision making, including financial management, cost statements and capital management.
- You’ll develop your knowledge of business taxation for sole traders, partnerships and limited companies. You’ll learn to apply income tax and corporation tax, and also how VAT works.
- You’ll look at the role of auditing, for legal and professional requirements. You’ll also expand your knowledge of law within the business environment, and how it relates to contracts.
- You’ll develop research skills and learn how to plan and report on a research investigation.
Finally, you’ll have the chance to:
- Work on real Case Studies for local businesses, involving conducting research, writing a report and presenting findings to the client.
- Meet local business employers who’ll give you their top tips for successful interviews, tell you the skills they look for when recruiting new employees and explain what it’s really like starting up a new business.
- Take part in enterprising activities, such as raising funds for charity and good causes.
When you successfully complete this course, you’ll have the choice of:
- Moving onto a degree course at university, via our articulation arrangements, such as BA in Accounting at UWS or GCU
- Seeking to start your career, with good employment prospects for a book keeping or accountant role.
BE INSPIRED BY OUR BLOG!
Find out what it’s really like:
- Student of the Year Alastair Walls talks about his experience of returning to education after 30 years to study HNC Accounting, click here to read more
Accounting, accounts, finance, finincial, payment, payroll, reports, statements, management, capital, tax, taxation, auditing, business, book keeping, accountant