For entry to this course you’ll need:
- An HNC Performing Arts (with a minimum of 15 credits)
- An audition and interview with us
This course builds on the HNC, further developing your acting skills and giving you the opportunity to perform in two large scale productions at professional venues with designated Tech crews. You’ll also devise your own pieces and perform them to audiences in professional environments.
We’ll do everything we can to get you ready for the industry, including arranging professional head shots for your CV/biography, and helping you prepare for auditions.
Here’s more on what you’ll be doing:
- You’ll focus on acting, voice and movement, developing your skills and techniques to a high level.
- You’ll expand your production skills, and research, rehearse and perform a role in different styles of plays.
- You’ll explore different theatre styles, including historical context, social or political functions, staging, costume and acting conventions.
- You’ll look at devising theatre, including how scripts are created for live theatre and will prepare a piece of original theatre as part of a group.
- You’ll focus on professional development for actors and the knowledge and skills you’ll need for working in the industry. This includes areas for employment, methods of self-promotion, taxation requirements, representation and professional bodies.
When you successfully complete this course, you’ll have the choice of:
- Moving onto a degree course at university, possibly via our articulation arrangements such as BA Performance at UWS (direct entry to Year 3, ten places per year). Other courses include BA Acting for Stage and Screen at Queen Margaret University or Royal Conservatoire of Scotland.
- Starting your career in the performing arts, such as: Actor (for TV, Commercial Productions, Theatre, Musical Theatre or in the Community); Script Writer; Director; Producer; Deviser or
- Training as a Drama Teacher eg Post Graduate Diploma Education at Edinburgh University, Glasgow University or Strathclyde University.
BE INSPIRED BY OUR BLOG & VIDEO
- Don’t stop believing - discover how perseverance paid off for performing arts student Jan van der Black. Click HERE to read the blog.
- Be wowed by our Creative Department’s end of year show - Creative Candy features fashion, hair, make-up, photography, music, sound production and performing arts students. Click HERE to watch the video.