For entry to this course you’ll need:
- HNC Coaching and Developing Sport
- An interview with us
- To become a member of the PVG scheme
This course builds on the HNC, giving a deeper understanding of the factors relevant to coaching and sport development. There’s a particular focus on sport research, sport event management and developing volunteers.
It’s a mix of practical coaching skills, academic research and writing ability. To succeed, you’ll need to be motivated and willing to carry out a lot of independent study.
Here’s just some of what you’ll be doing:
- Improving Coaching - by now you know the basics, but we’re going to make you brilliant!
- Coaching of Sports Performance Development - your players all know how to play, but can you help them perform?
- Managing Volunteers - you’ll learn how to make the most of volunteers, the key to success in Sport Development.
- Fitness Conditioning - you’ll look at long term training, and how to make the most of well planned exercise sessions.
- Sports Mechanics - you’ll develop knowledge of biomechanics to help your performer move more effectively and generate more speed/power.
- Inclusive Sport Coaching - Disability Sport is an area needing pushed forward, so we'll show you how.
When you successfully complete this course, you’ll have the choice of:
- Moving onto 3rd year of a degree course at university, such as Sport Coaching and Sports Development.
- Exploring your future career options such as Active Schools Co-ordinator, Sport Development Officer (multiple sports and pathways), Sports Coach, Sport/Health Promotion Roles or Primary/Secondary Teaching (following progression to degree and post graduate study).