This course is aimed at 18-28 year-olds who are on Jobseekers Allowance or Universal Credit looking to start a career within the hospitality industry.
What you get:
- 7 National Qualifications, including Scottish Certificate for Personal Licence Holders, World Host, REHIS Food Hygiene, BIIAB Level 1 in Customer and Drinks Service, BIIAB Level 1 Wine Service, Level 1 Award in Alcohol Awareness and BIIAB Level 2 Award in Beer and Cellar Quality
- Industry visits and presentations including a luxury hotel
- Hands-on food and drink service training
- Ongoing mentoring and assistance
- Mixology class
- Time management
- Barista training
- Spirit product knowledge and tasting class
- Lunch experience
- Two weeks work experience
- CV building, interview preparation and presentation skills workshop
- Celebrate success graduation ceremony
- No experience required as the course will introduce students to the skills needed to begin their career in a hotel, bar or restaurant. The Hospitality and Bartending course is a fully funded course developed with Diageo as part of their Learning for Life programme, giving you the opportunity to acquire new skills and qualifications and the chance to learn from industry experts.
Completion of the course will gain recognised industry based qualifications that will stand them in good stead to gain a role within the vibrant hospitality industry or they could consider any of Ayrshire College courses such as an NC in Hospitality, Business or Tourism.