Guide to Course Fees
An Introduction to paying your course fees
Is there a cost? Do you have to Pay?
There are many ways in which you can fund your course fees.
If you are studying at a Full-Time Non Advanced level and you meet the residency criteria, the tuition fees are waived.
You can apply to SAAS to fund all Full-Time Advanced courses, and SAAS can also offer support for students who are studying on a part-time basis via their Part-Time Funding Grant.
Skills Development Scotland can also provide support via the new Individual Training Account (ITA)
To be eligible for an ITA you must be:
- Over 16, resident in Scotland and in receipt of an annual income of under £22,000 per annum.
- Not currently receiving funding under any other Skills Development Scotland (SDS) programme and not currently in full-time education.
- Either unemployed and looking for work or employed and wanting to improve your work or career prospects.
Search for your chosen course on myworldofwork.co.uk and apply for ITA Funding.
- Once you have completed the “myworldofwork” on-line form, SDS will email you, advising you of which original documentation you need to present to us to allow us to confirm your eligibility. This process cannot be completed until we receive your original documents and must be carried out before the start date of your course.
- If you are unable to come into one of the Finance Offices you can email a copy of your documents to ITA@ayrshire.ac.uk These must be signed and dated to certify the document prior to sending. Alternatively these can be mailed to one of the addresses listed below.
- Please ensure you have also completed the Colleges’ online application for your course on our website www.ayrshire.ac.uk
Eligibility and Evidence Required
- Evidence required if you are employed: Last 3 payslips or most recent P60
- Evidence required if you are self-employed: A letter on your company headed paper confirming income details or a copy of your self assessment tax return
The following are accepted as eligible benefits: Jobseekers Allowance, Income Support, Universal Credits, Employment Support Allowance, Carers Allowance, Pension Credits or the Maximum Rate Award of Child Tax Credit
- Evidence required if you are in receipt of benefits: Headed letter from The Department of Work and Pensions Office confirming that you are in receipt of one of the above benefits. The letter should be dated within the last three months and clearly state that the you are in receipt of benefit.
- Evidence Required for people under the age of retirement: Evidence of your private pension or your most recent P60
- Evidence Required for people over the age of retirement: Evidence of your private and state pension or your most recent P60
- If you are eligible to receive ITA Funding, we will confirm this and verify the start and end date of your ITA Learner Year.
- To allow us to claim your ITA funding we must have confirmation from you that you have attended your chosen course therefore, you will receive an email from ITA@ayrshire.ac.uk shortly after your course commences. Please ensure you respond to this email immediately as failure to do so will result in you being liable for the full course cost.
- In the event that you wish to change or cancel this booking you must notify us by email at ITA@ayrshire.ac.uk
Should you require any further information please contact us on the numbers below or email us at ITA@ayrshire.ac.uk
Keep checking the SDS for updates.
Part-time Fee Waivers
Part-time Fee Grant (PTFG's)