The Ayrshire College Foundation will provide funding of grants up to £5000 for students of Ayrshire College who are interested in developing ideas to start up their own business. To help us inspire more students to be enterprising, we are working in partnership with Bridge 2 Business to support idea development. This event is to launch the Enterprising Student Fund, and to raise awareness with students, staff and partners. We hope our employers will support us by helping to develop enterprising mindsets and we look forward to welcoming employers at the launch to discuss how they can help with this.
* Free online assessment tool to generate your enterprise profile
* Students will be mentored by the Bridge 2 Business programme executive to create a business development plan, and access the support and advice needed at the early stages of planning a business during regular one 2 one sessions on campus.
* Students can select a Local Hero from the Bridge 2 Business programme as a mentor
* Bridge to Business have a wide variety of support partners that are available to advise and support the students
* These support partners can be invited to future events, and referrals can be arranged to connect with students
* Students can attend future annual YES Events to network and meet support companies
* Invite to all regional events taking place at Ayrshire College campuses.
* FREE online Digital Skills Training Courses offered by Accenture (7 in total)
* £100 “Test the market” – grant from Bridge 2 Business – available via application which takes 4-6 weeks to process.
* FREE Market stalls to promote and sell business products and ideas to customers – in collaboration with our support partners, Royal Bank of Scotland branches and The Art Exchange at GOMA, Royal Exchange Square Glasgow.
* Virgin Money Lifestart Challenge - Students sign up for challenges
What is LifeStart?
* LifeStart has been developed by Virgin Money and Virgin StartUp to help students find their edge and achieve greater career and financial success.
* LifeStart is a free service, that aims to help students learn critical enterprise and financial skills through participation in Challenges. It also offers students the chance to boost their CV and profile, gain recognition for their efforts and win great prizes from Virgin and their Lifestart partners.
* The winning student will win a trip to the Virgin Galactic Space Centre in America.