Kilmarnock Campus students graduate
HNC and HND graduates packed out the Grand Hall in Kilmarnock for the latest of four Ayrshire College graduations.
172 successful students celebrated the completion of their courses in front of family, friends, lecturers and invited guests.
The graduates were presented with a special medal and a certificate to commemorate their college achievements.
There were further prizes given out to 10 special students, as each curriculum area nominated one student to receive an award for being Student of the Year for the department. Prizes were also awarded for Outstanding Achievement and Making a Difference in the Community.
The 2018 Kilmarnock graduation prizewinners were:
- Student of the Year – Business, Administration and Accounts Award: Andrew McMillan.
- Student of the Year – Care Award: Paul Wilson.
- Student of the Year – Early Years Award: Sarah Kennedy.
- Student of the Year – Engineering and Science Award: Amy McFadzean.
- Student of the Year – Hair, Beauty, Make-up and Complementary Therapies Award: Malia-Louise McNinch.
- Student of the Year – Hospitality and Tourism Award: Emma White.
- Student of the Year – Social Sciences Award: Shannon Nani.
- Student of the Year – Sport and Fitness Award: Tommi McMillan Grant.
- Making a Difference in the Community Award: Craig Chisholm.
- Outstanding Achievement Award: Sammy Jo Thom.
Heather Dunk OBE, Ayrshire College Principal, announced at the ceremony that the overall Student of the Year for the Kilmarnock Campus was Tommi McMillan Grant, from Darvel, who graduated in HND Coaching and Developing Sport.
Since leaving the College, Tommi has progressed to the 3rd year of a Sports Coaching degree at the University of the West of Scotland, and gained employment with Vibrant Communities, Active Schools, and Ayrshire Sportsability, where she leads a weekly disability club at Ayrshire College.
Heather said “This is a special occasion for all of our Kilmarnock graduates and it is fantastic that they are able to celebrate their achievements in front of their proud friends and family members today.”
26 October 2018