Courses at Ayrshire College
New Year, New You at Ayrshire College
Students and staff at Ayrshire College can take advantage of a number of exciting initiatives put on by the College’s Promoting Wellbeing Group over January, as part of its ‘New Year, New You’ campaign.
Ayrshire College’s ‘New Year, New You’ drive is encouraging people to start 2018 off in the best possible way by improving their physical and mental wellbeing.
A sofa to 5K programme starts on Tuesday 16 January at the Ayr and Kilmarnock campuses, while weekly boxercise classes get underway on Thursday 18 January at the Kilwinning Campus.
Free soup and bread will be available at all campuses every Thursday, with free fruit also made available between 12pm-2pm at the Ayr Campus on Thursday 11 January.
A ‘January Survival Guide’ for students has been launched on Moodle to further support students in the New Year, with wellbeing tips and support available. This will complement existing resources on Moodle such as the Wellbeing Hub and Alcohol and Drugs Hub.
Other initiatives running as part of ‘New Year, New You’ are:
- ‘Weekly Wellbeing Tips’ will be sent via email every Wednesday by Ayrshire College’s Promoting Wellbeing Group.
- KA Leisure’s Activator van provided free health checks at the Kilwinning Campus on Tuesday 9 January and will do so again on Thursday 18 January and Friday 26 January.
- The CHIP (Community Health Improvement Partnership) van is providing free health checks at the Kilmarnock Campus on Friday 19 January and Wednesday 24 January.
- Smoking Cessation & Sexual Health stalls will be set up at the Kilmarnock Campus on Tuesdays 16, 23 and 30 January, at the Ayr Campus on Thursdays 18 and 25 January, and at the Kilwinning Campus on Friday 19 January and Wednesday 24 January.
A number of complementary treatments will also be available to students and staff, using the code NYNY when booking, including:
- Full body massages offered at the Kilwinning Campus every Thursday at 1:15pm and 2:45pm.
- Basic & Luxury Manicures & Pedicures and Men’s Haircuts at the Kilmarnock Campus on Monday 22 January.
- Basic Makeovers and Manicures at the Ayr Campus on Monday 22 January, with further Basic Makeovers on Tuesday 23 January.
- Cuts and Re-styles at the Kilwinning Campus on Monday 22 January at 9:30am and on Tuesday 23 January at 9:30am and 2:15pm.
- Cut and Blow Dry or Blow Dry Only at the Kilmarnock Campus on Wednesday 24 January at 9:30am and at the Ayr Campus in the afternoon.
- Cuts, Re-styles and Blow Dries at the Kilmarnock Campus on Thursday 25 January at 2pm and 4pm, and Re-styles at the Ayr Campus in the afternoon.
- Reflexology at the Kilwinning Campus on Thursday 25 January at 9:30am and 10:45am.
To book a treatment at the Ayr Campus, phone 01292 293 562 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Kilmarnock Campus treatments can be booked on 01563 523 501 ext 8210 or by emailing email@example.com, and Kilwinning Campus treatments can be booked on 01294 555 303 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Angela Sheridan, Head of Learning and Skills - Hair, Beauty, Complementary Therapies and Make-Up Artistry at Ayrshire College, said “The College’s ‘New Year, New You’ is a great initiative which gives students and staff ample opportunities to make major positive changes for the year ahead.
“The College’s Promoting Wellbeing Group has been created as a response to ensure the College is enabling and supporting students to maintain their attendance to promote successful and positive outcomes for them. Similarly, staff wellbeing is equally important and the College recognises its greatest asset is its workforce.”
11 January 2018