What funding is available?


Funding is subject to certain qualifying criteria as defined by Scottish Funding Council policies with regard to Further Education Funds. This includes residency requirements, parental/spouse income and any previous funding received. If you have previously received Bursary Support from any college you may initially be refused funding.

Would you like more information on Universal Credit? Click here


Funding for HNC/D Level courses is subject to certain qualifying criteria as defined by the Student Awards Agency for Scotland (SAAS). This includes residency requirements, parental/spouse income and any previous funding received.
Further information is available on the SAAS website at


Please check with the Student Funding Team at the relevant campus to determine if you are eligible or have a look at our Funding Quickguides for more information.

The Student Funding Team

The Student Funding Team are based in each main campus and are there to offer you advice and assistance to ensure that you continue to receive your funding throughout the whole time that you are at college.
If you have questions or need help with any aspect of funding whilst at college then we are always happy to help. It is important however that you are aware that there are certain rules that you are expected to follow and what these rules are.
Please take time to make yourself familiar with the following information as it will help ensure that you receive your payments seamlessly every time.


- You must first return your acceptance form(s) for Bursary and/or EMA to the Student Funding Office
- You must notify the Student Funding Team of any changes to your personal circumstances
- You must notify the Student Funding Team of any changes to your bank account
- You must ensure the Student Funding Team have your current mobile number to allow us to text important updates about attendance and payments
- You must maintain 100% attendance
- You must notify your Guidance Tutor when you are going to be absent
- You must ensure you are of good conduct and treat other students and staff with respect
- You must work to the best of your ability and continue to progress within your chosen course
- You are advised to monitor your attendance regularly online even if you know you have not been absent
- You must submit your self-certificates on return to college and within 2 weeks of any absence

Ayrshire College operates an online bursary funding application to improve processes and response times. Students looking to apply for funding including bursaries will be able to do this online. To apply for your funding you will need your Student Reference Number to activate your account. You will receive a text from the College notifying you that your student reference number and the link to online applications has been sent to your registered email address/mailed to your home address.


Tel: 01292 293577


Tel: 01563 495033


Tel: 01294 555322

Visit SAAS for more information on funding available to you.


What is an absence and how many am I allowed?
Your attendance is monitored on a regular basis before each instalment is paid. You are expected to have 100% attendance at College. If it falls below 100% in any attendance period, the College will withhold your payments. 


What is an absence and how many am I allowed? 
An absence is deemed to be any day where attendance is not 100%. You will be allowed up to a maximum of five absences in each semester but only for days you are unwell or unable to attend due to an unexpected emergency (a Self Certificate Form must be submitted). Nothing can be carried forward into a new semester. 


What if my attendance is under 100% 
If your attendance is under 100% for any attendance period, you will be advised your payments have been withheld via your College email or text message.

Payments will only be withheld for the weeks that you do not have 100%. You will also be advised of the cut-off date that a Self Certificate Form needs to be submitted to ensure you receive your payments.

Please ensure that you access your College email regularly and provide your current mobile number to ensure you receive all notifications.

Please remember you must submit your Self Certificate Form for release of payment within two weeks of the withheld date. Any entitlement funds after the two week period will be withdrawn. 


What if I can't maintain 100% attendance for whatever reason? 
If you are having difficulty maintaining 100% attendance then please speak to a member of Student Funding who will be able to offer advice and support. 


How do I access my attendance record?
You can access your attendance record at any time even if you are not in college on Moodle or clicking here. From here, you can also submit a Self Certificate Form if you have not been in attendance. This must be done prior to published cut-off dates. 

How do I find out about payment dates and attendance periods? 
The payment dates and attendance periods for the Bursary, Discretionary, Childcare and EMA funds are available on the notice board within Student Services

Absence Hotline 
0800 085 0215

Funding Quickguides

Course Search


Browse all courses Advanced search