Hospitality and Professional Cookery
Foundation Apprenticeship Hospitality - 1 year (Loudoun Academy)
East, North and South Ayrshire
Level 4 or Level 5
This course is for school pupils only
Mixed timetable throughout the week
WHAT IS THE COURSE ABOUT
The Hospitality Foundation Apprenticeship offers an exciting opportunity for learners to delve into the Hospitality industry, and gain qualifications that will help them with part-time or future career choices. Learners will achieve the following qualifications –
- Skills for Work award in Hospitality Skills
- Work-Based Challenge – this will give you insight and practical experience in the hospitality sector and give you an opportunity to work with employers
You will learn about food safety and preparation while maintaining a safe and hygienic working environment. Developing your customer service skills will be key, and working closely with your peers to prepare and plan your projects. You will learn through practical experience and then reflect on the activity to evaluate and identify learning points and prepare you for the world of work developing your employability skills.
This Foundation Apprenticeship will help you develop the skills to work in a professional kitchen, and give you exposure to working in front of house in any hospitality setting. You will develop your own meta-skills through the delivery of a project, and use live events as your experience towards your coursework. Learners will also get their REHIS Elementary Food Hygiene certificate.
In addition to the course subjects, you will have experience working with your classmates and will get a range of exciting experiences along the way.
What are the entry requirements?
For a place on this course, you’ll need:
- ?To be keen to learn new skills.
- To be confident at working at SCQF Level 5
- ?A commitment to consistent and full attendance.
- ?To have a career aspiration to work in the Food & Drink industry.
How will I be assessed?
- Unit assessment
- Continuous assessment throughout the year
- Work placement and notes
- This qualification is suitable for variety of leaners, perhaps most obviously, those planning a career in the food and drink industry.
- Prepare you for the world of work in the hospitality sector
- This course can lead onto Food & Drink Technologies Level 6 Foundation Apprenticeship also delivered within Loudoun Academy
- Learning pathways for pupils completing the course can include employment within the industry
- A Modern Apprenticeship in the hospitality industry at SCQF Level 5 or SCQF Level 6
- Progression into HNC/D at college or study at University
Closed for Application