HNC Acting and Performance (Community Focus)
Full-time, one year
If you’re looking for a practical course where you can express your creative skill sets in acting, this is the one for you.
For entry to this course you’ll need:
- A real passion for performance
- One Higher, preferably Drama or English OR a relevant NC course at SCQF Level 6 or equivalent such as NC Acting and Performance
- An audition and interview with us
If you don’t have formal qualifications, but have relevant experience or training, then we’ll also consider you for a place, so please call us for a chat.
The course gives you the opportunity to devise and perform a variety of pieces in different professional environments, including a community production tour at Christmas and a summer show in our newly renovated campus theatre.
You will be taught by staff who are industry experienced and robust in their knowledge of theatre and performance skills. This will enable you to hone your performance technique and aid you in reaching your maximum potential. All of your productions will be supported by our Technical Theatre course crews, to give you a truly professional experience.
Here’s more on what you’ll be doing:
- You will develop your vocal skills to aid with diction, vocal clarity, tone and projection.
- You will develop your movement skills providing you with an awareness of physicality for characterisation.
- You will develop knowledge and understanding of a touring theatre production company by engaging in a community drama project.
- You will create and perform your own Site Specific and/or Street theatre performance and perform in a location of your choice.
- You will develop acting skills for production, from researching a text, to rehearsing techniques and performing a full length production to an audience.
- You will be introduced to singing for an actor and develop your singing skills and technique.
- You will have the opportunity to create and lead your own workshop in a Community based setting. You will be given the opportunity to work with a range of groups, including children, young people and adults.
- You will be mentored in the creation of a professional online profile and introduced to external practitioners.
When you successfully complete this course, you’ll have the choice of:
- Moving onto HND Performing Arts (subject to an audition)
- Moving onto a performance related degree course at university
- Community Education
- Exploring your future career options which might include: Actor (for TV, Commercial Productions, Theatre, Musical Theatre or in the Community); Script Writer; Director; Producer; Deviser or Drama Teacher
BE INSPIRED BY OUR BLOGS & VIDEO
Summer show successes - HNC Performing Arts students talk about their final productions of the year:
- Click HERE to read the blog.
- Be wowed by our Creative Department’s end of year show - Creative Candy features fashion, hair, make-up, photography, music, sound production and performing arts students. Click HERE to watch the video.