HNC Applied Science (progression to the University of Glasgow)
You will need:
• 1 Higher at grade C or above for Higher Human Biology/ Biology or Chemistry.
• Experience of Mathematics at National 5 or intermediate 2 level.
• Students that have successfully completed all units on a NC Applied Science/Applied Science with Forensics (SCQF 6) course and have a satisfactory reference/profile would also meet the academic entry requirements.
Completion of a SWAP programme will also be considered if you don't meet the listed Academic Requirements.
Please note that this is a Widening Participation programme.
To be eligible applicants must not previously have completed an undergraduate degree, and must meet at least one of the following eligibility criteria:
- Be Scottish domiciled, residing within a target postcode area (SIMD, deciles 1-4)
- Be care-experienced
- Be estranged and living without family support
- Have caring responsibilities
You can use the University of Glasgow postcode checker to check whether your postcode meets the criteria: Postcode Checker, www.glasgow.ac.uk/prioritypostcodes
For any questions regarding the above eligibility criteria, please contact the University of Glasgow's Widening Participation Articulation Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
This course has been designed in agreement with the University of Glasgow, to allow successful students to progress to the second year of various Life Sciences degree programs at the University. You'll learn about:
• Laboratory Skills
• Cell biology
• DNA and genetics
• The human body
As part of the course, in addition to being an Ayrshire college student, you will also be enrolled as a University of Glasgow student, attending sessions run at the University of Glasgow campus throughout the HNC year.
This course guarantees successful students direct entry into Year 2 of various degrees within the School of Life Sciences at the University of Glasgow: School of Life Sciences
You can also continue your studies at Ayrshire College by proceeding onto HND Biomedical Science (SCQF 8) or apply for other courses at other Universities.