HNC Childhood Practice (Year 1)
This course runs on a Tuesday evening at the Kilwinning Campus and a Thursday evening at the Ayr and Kilmarnock Campus from 6pm-9pm for 34 weeks.
These times include a period for shut down procedures at the end of the night.
Early years provision has changed significantly over the years. Scottish Government’s expansion plans require leadership at all levels to influence good practice and improve quality in early learning and childcare services. Today effective early learning and childcare experiences are recognised as playing a key role in future life chances and achievement.
For entry to this course you’ll need:
• Currently working within early learning and childcare including registered childminding.
• Completion of FORMS task to replace a face to face interview
• Eligible to be a member of the PVG scheme
• Career changers will be considered on this programme, if you submit a suitable FORMs activity task and are able to commit to a work placement experience.
This course will offer those individuals interested in completing the require units for HNC Childhood practice award, to extend professional skills and knowledge in early learning and childcare. This Year two will give learners the opportunity to understand and apply their knowledge and skills to practice.
Here’s just some of what you’ll be doing:
- You’ll investigate and demonstrate an understanding of the knowledge and skills required within the sector and an opportunity to register with SSSC as an early years practitioner (subject to workplace experience).
- You’ll engage in personal reflection for continued improvements and identifies the requirements for reflecting on and enhance and develop practice.
Units offered on Year 1 Programme are:
Health, Wellbeing and Safeguarding
Lifespan development theoretical approaches
Supporting Play Learning and Development
Leadership Starts with Me
Working with Children 3-6 years (or appropriate)
This course is eligible for Individual Training Account (ITA), Fee Waiver and PTFG funding depending on individual circumstances. For further information on funding go to our Funding and Fees tab to the right.
Any course over £150 is eligible to pay by instalments. Please contact our Finance department for further information on 01563 537871