Hair, Beauty, Complementary Therapies and Make-Up
Full time, one year
Make-up Artistry is a hugely exciting and diverse industry to work in. Professional make-up artists, create and produce the latest make-up trends and hair styles within fashion, TV, film and theatre production. If you’ve got passion, drive, creativity, a commitment to work hard, a high level of motivation and are a good team player who enjoys working with others, then make-up artistry is for you.
For entry to this course you’ll need:
- A minimum of one Higher (ideally Art or English) or a relevant course as SCQF Level 6 or equivalent.
- Hairdressing experience would be beneficial & occupationally relevant skills and experience.
- To submit an application, completing all sections, including Personal Statement in full. NB we may notify you of the outcome by letter and/or invite you to attend an interview.
- To show various samples of your artwork or photographic evidence of make-up. Please send this evidence for Ayr campus applications direct to email@example.com Kilwinning campus application direct to firstname.lastname@example.org, when you are submitting your course application.
If you don’t have formal qualifications, but have life experience and relevant skills as outlined above, then we’ll also consider you for a place
This course gives you a great introduction to all areas of Make-up Artistry, including fashion photographic work, TV and film. It’s fun, fascinating and completely industry led. You’ll work with professional make-up companies, photographers, visual media and the film industry, building an e-portfolio of your creations as you go.
Here’s just some of the units you may study:
Plus you’ll learn valuable life skills for your future development, including IT software, selling techniques and customer care.
You’ll also have the chance to:
- Volunteer in the community, providing services like prom make-up or face painting
- Take part in competitions such as World Skills
- Learn from demonstrations by industry suppliers, for example Urban Decay, Ilamasqua, Neil’s Materials and Salon Services.
BE INSPIRED BY OUR BLOGS
- Blown away! - Make-Up students’ storming success at Gailes Hotel. Click here to read the blog.
- Zombie Apocalypse at Kilwinning Campus - Make-up students use creative talents for Cancer Research. Click here to read the blog.
- HND Make-up Artistry Showcase. Click here to view the photographs.
- Zombie walk at Kilwinning Campus, with NQ6 and HND Make-up Artistry students. Click here to view the photographs.
- NQ Make-Up Competition. Click here to view the photographs.