Hospitality and Professional Cookery
HNC Professional Cookery
Part-time, two years
Are you a Chef de Partie, Sous Chef, or even a Head Chef, who has been promoted on your experience but you don’t have formal qualifications?
This course is available to you if you are working in the hospitality industry and want a recognised qualification as well as developing your skills and knowledge.
Speak to your employer to see if they are willing to invest in your (and their) future.
There are also funding options available.
This HNC in Professional Cookery (SCQF level 7) develops knowledge and skills in areas such as specialist culinary skills, food hygiene and control systems. Learners can specialise in either production cookery or pastry, gaining valuable leadership skills and an understanding of the role of the supervisor.
- Gain the skills and knowledge required to source quality commodities and resources.
- Apply and integrate knowledge and skills across culinary operational areas.
- Develop associated knowledge and skills, such as specialist culinary skills, food hygiene and control systems.
- Undertake options to permit an element of vocational specialism, in particular in the areas of production cookery or pastry.
- Gain leadership skills and a customer focused attitude through an understanding of the role of a team leader/supervisor.
- Be prepared for progression to further studies in hospitality or related discipline
When you successfully complete this course, you’ll have the choice of:
- Moving on to HND Professional Cookery
- Starting your career towards becoming a Head or Executive Chef, or setting up and running your own business
BE INSPIRED BY OUR BLOGS
Cook up a career in professional cookery. Click here to read the blog.
See our blog on why hospitality is a great career choice here