ILM Leadership and Management Unit - Understanding Leadership
Delivery Method: Mixed Delivery - Live lecturer sessions plus candidates own work time.
Course Duration: 4 x 2 hours "live" lecturer sessions delivery plus candidates own time.
Certification: ILM Leadership & Management Unit. Further undertaking and completion of “Developing Yourself & Others” and “Solving Problems & Making Decisions” units, candidates would achieve the “ILM Award in Leadership & Management Level 3 (SCQF level 6)”.
Certification: ILM Unit award in Understanding Leadership
This unit is ideal for those on the early stages of their managerial career and are serious about developing their abilities. The course has a focus on application of leadership practices within the workplace and creates an understanding of why these behaviours and practices are required of leaders.
Benefits for you:
- Gain a new range of key management skills
- Increased ability to transfer these skills into workplace practice
- Builds on existing leadership capabilities, using your own knowledge, values and motivations
- Unit attributable towards the overall ILM Level 3 Award in Leadership and Management
- Increased skills in leading, motivating and supporting remote working teams
Benefits for your employer:
- Effective and confident first-line managers
- Better workplace relationships and communications
- Measurable results- assessment instruments ensure new skills are effectively transferred to the organisation
- Provides a solid foundation for future development
To reflect leadership practices in the current working environment, the course now contains an in-depth section on leading remote teams.
This 2 credit unit forms part of the ILM Level 3 Award in Leadership and Management, and achievement of a further 2 credits at a minimum (1 further 2 credit unit) would allow candidates to obtain this Award, or utilise the unit towards the wider ILM Level 3 Certificate in Leadership and Management framework. The course content is at SCQF Level 6.
Indicative Course Content:
- Examining Leadership Styles & Current Practices
- Factors affecting Leadership behaviours
- Impact of Leadership on individuals and teams
- Feedback in leadership and continuous development
- Key skills for successful remote team leadership
Funding and Fees
This course is eligible for ITA Funding. To apply for ITA please visit the SDS My World of Work website by clicking here
Once you have applied for ITA you will still have to apply for this course here on the College website.
For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org