Hair, Beauty, Complementary Therapies and Make-Up
Introduction to Fashion Make-Up
SCQFComparable to SCQF Level 5
Attendance/DurationShort full-time course, 18 weeks August to January
Fashion Make-up is a hugely exciting and diverse industry to work in, were the latest make-up and hair looks are created, inline with the current fashion trends.
If you’ve got passion, drive, creativity, a commitment to work hard, a high level of motivation and are a good team player who enjoys working with others, then fashion make-up is for you.
For entry to this course you need:
- A real interest in make-up
- Four National 4s or equivalent, ideally including English and Art & Design or a relevant SCQF Level 4 course.
- Hairdressing experience would also be an advantage.
To show various samples of your artwork or photographic evidence of make-up. Please send this evidence for Ayr campus applications direct to firstname.lastname@example.org when you are submitting your course application.
To submit an application, completing all sections, including Personal Statement in full. NB we may notify you of the outcome by letter and/or invite you to attend an interview.
If you don’t have formal qualifications, but have life experience, then we’ll also consider you for a place.
This course offers a great introduction to Fashion Make Up, giving you the chance to unleash your creativity in hair and make-up. It’s fun, fascinating and completely industry led, developing both your practical skills and technical knowledge.
Here’s just some of what you may study:
- Make-up trends - you’ll learn the basic principles of make-up and then research the latest trends and produce your own current ‘looks’ on models.
- Creative Make up techniques such as Instagram looks. Starting with basic looks and advancing your skills.
- Fashion Hair looks such as plait and twist and curls
- Brow and lash enhancements
You’ll also have the chance to:
- Go on commercial experiences, such as, fashion shows and photo shoots.
- Volunteer in the community, providing services like prom make-up or face painting.
- Take part in competitions such as World Skills and AHT.
- Learn from demonstrations by industry suppliers and guest Fashion Make-up experts.
When you successfully complete this course, you may progress to:
- Fast Track Fashion Make-Up
Exploring your future career options which could include:
- Retail Make-up Consultant with a high street cosmetic brand.
- Make-up Columnist/Blogger.
- Setting up your own business, depending on your own area of interest.