Health and Social Care
Mental Health and Wellbeing Award - Level 5
East Ayrshire, North Ayrshire, South Ayrshire
Ayr, Kilmarnock or Kilwinning Campus
Tuesday and Thursday
2.00 - 4.00
Who is the course for?
The award is relevant for you if you are looking to enhance your skills portfolio and anyone who is considering a career within Health and Social Care. The award provides you with pertinent and valuable skills which can be applied in many living contexts.
What is the course about?
These qualifications aim to address gaps in your knowledge and to improve an understanding of mental health questions in young people. The inaccuracies surrounding perceptions of mental healthcare are addressed and this course will provide you with information to promote understanding and equip you with positive coping strategies to improve and maintain mental health and wellbeing.
The award aims to:
- Reduce the stigma surrounding mental health in young people
- Provide healthy coping strategies
- Promote knowledge of the impact of mental health on behaviour
- Dispelling myths surrounding mental health
- Promote understanding of positive and negative impacts on mental health
- Helping individuals to make the right choices
- Promote an understanding of the potential uses and impact of social media and the internet and create resilience.
What do I need?
There are no set pre-entry requirements for this award.
How will I be assessed?
Successful completion of this course may provide you with opportunities to progress to: Access to Health and Social Care National 4 or National 5 Health and Social Care.