SFW Early Education and Childcare (Belmont Academy)
Belmont Academy pupils
This course is for school pupils onlyApplications for this course should be made through your guidance teacher
Location / Day / Time
Monday and Wednesday 2pm-4pm
Please note the apply button will state Ayr Campus.
Who is the course for
The course is designed as an introduction to Early Education and Childcare at Level 5 and gives you an understanding of the demands and responsibilities of working in the sector. It also provides suitable progression if you have studied the Level 4 Early Education and Childcare course.
What is the course about
National 5 Skills for Work: Early Education and Childcare is an introductory qualification that develops the skills, knowledge, and attitudes needed for working within the sector, including:
- an understanding of the workplace and your responsibilities (e.g. time-keeping, appearance)
- self-evaluation skills
- positive attitude to learning
- flexible approaches to solving problems
- adaptability and positive attitude to change
- confidence to set goals, reflect and learn from experience
- skills to become effective job-seekers and employees
You will study four Units and these are:-
- Child Development and Health
- Play in Early Education and Childcare
- Working in Early Education and Childcare
- Care and Feeding of Children
What do I need
Ideally you should be working towards National 5. There will be an interview and you need, to show that you want to learn new skills, have a real interest in the area and that you are committed to consistent and full attendance throughout the course.
How will I be assessed
The assessments used in this Course will allow you to demonstrate a competence in key knowledge, skills and attitudes required in early education and childcare sector. Assessment approaches will include closed book and project based activities.
This Course may provide you with opportunities to progress to:-
- National Certificate Group Award in Early Education and Childcare (Higher)