Project Search Culzean
Short Full time, 33 weeks
From 11 Feb 2020
This programme is specifically for young people (Interns) living in South Ayrshire aged 17 to 29, who have learning difficulties and/or are on the autistic spectrum. The focus is on preparing interns for work in the wider community. The programme develops the competitive, transferrable and marketable skills needed for successful employment.
To gain a place on the course, interns will need to:
Submit an application form online. If you have any questions about applying, please contact our staff on 01655 884518.
- Gaining in depth work experience, 5 days a week, 9am – 4pm based between the different facilities at Culzean and our classroom base at the estate.
- Developing employability skills through working across a wide range of internships such as Rangers, Gardening, Hotel, Full Site Housekeeping, Café, Catering and Retail.
- Developing basic ICT skills.
- Practising interview techniques to help secure future employment.
- Developing personal awareness, including understanding what skills they have and what others they need to develop to find employment.
The interns will be based at the National Trust for Scotland’s Culzean estate near Maybole and will undertake 3 different work placements.
Interns will receive individualised instruction, coaching, support and feedback from their instructor, job coach, managers, and mentors.
Here is more on what the interns will be doing:
When the interns successfully complete this programme, they can compete for employment in the community. They will also have a link to Adult Support Agencies if relevant to the interns needs.
While there’s no guarantee of a job on completion of the course, interns will have gained a wider range of work experiences which will help them as they seek to find employment.Back to The HIVE