Twenty Four/Seven Plus
Short Full time, 18 weeks
From 9 Jan 2020
We are looking for young people aged 15 or 16, that are eligible to leave school at Christmas and would benefit from a change of environment and approach in order to further develop their “softer skills” in order to positively progress. Attendance on this course will require the release from the Educational Authority.
24/7 is a bespoke course, tailor made to fit the needs of the young people accessing it
It uses the themes of:
- Learner Journey (Settling in, accessing services and next steps/positive progression)
- Citizenship (What makes a good citizen
- How can we make a difference to our community?)
- Health and Wellbeing (Alcohol, drug awareness and other health aspects)
- Creative (An expressive journal allowing the young person to express themselves via various media)
- Relationships (Looking at healthy relationships, how to form and maintain them)
- Outdoor Learning (This could involve projects that would improve our local environment).
These themes are used to help the student develop skills and attributes that will allow them to achieve and progress in college and in life.
If you successfully complete this course, here are some of the courses you can move on to:
- 24/7 Plus
- PEZ Plus
- Prince's Trust
- Step into Customer Services
- Step into Youth Work
- Step into Employability
- College vocational courses
Successful completion has also lead to employment or places with other training providers.