Introduction to Professional Cookery with Hospitality
Full time, one year
From 24 Aug 2020
If you’d like to work in a hotel or restaurant, then this course is a great place to start!
For entry you’ll need:
- A genuine interest in professional cookery and hospitality
- National 3 qualifications in Math and English or a relevant course at SCQF 3 or equivalent
- If you don’t have any qualifications, you may still be considered for the course
If you want to take the first steps on an exciting career path in the fast growing hospitality industry, but have little/no experience in this area, then this is the course for you.
This is a very hands-on course and will give you a solid foundation in basic cooking and front of house skills.
You will be cooking twice a week in our professional kitchens, preparing dishes such as homemade burgers and salads to apple crumbles and breads. You will also be serving in our training restaurant, learning skills such as: plate carrying, table clearing, coffee making and customer care. On completion, you will achieve a Group Award in SVQ Professional Cookery at SCQF Level 4 and some front of house SVQ units.
This course will help you decide in which direction you want your hospitality career to progress.
When you successfully complete this course, you can progress to:
- SVQ in Food and Beverage Service at SCQF Level 5
- SVQ in Professional Cookery at SCQF Level 5
- NC Bakery at SCQF Level 5
Ayrshire chef is first recipient of the Andrew Fairlie Scholarship. Click here to read more.
Ayr Graduation 2019: Excellence in Hospitality Award. Click here to read the blog.
H.E.A.T up your future – open your own business! Click here to read the blog.Back to Hospitality, Tourism and Events