Hair, Beauty, Complementary Therapies and Make-Up
Current Hair and Make up Stylist
Attendance / Duration
Short full time course starting for 18 weeks
To access this course you should have three relevant National 4's or three Intermediate 1's or a pass in a relevant NC course at SCQF Level 4 or equivalent.
To submit an application, completing all sections, including Personal Statement in full. NB we may notify you of the outcome by letter and/or invite you to attend an interview.
Students without any formal qualifications, but with life experience and a demonstrable interest in the subject area will also be considered for entry.
There is a strong emphasis on basic hairdressing and make-up practical skills of styling and long hair work alongside current fashion make-up, to meet current industry demand in this area.Here’s some of the units you may study
The course also embeds theory of hairdressing and make-up and core skills of communications.
This course will provide you with basic practical skills in the application of contemporary and creative fashion make-up and hair techniques. This is a good intro course for anyone with natural creative flair who wishes to offer make-up and hair styling services for social events, weddings and proms. Those wishing to develop and build on this basic level could progress on to NC level 6 make-up.
In this course you will have built transferable Essential Skills in meaningful contexts to help you become more effective in life, learning, and work. This could be communication, numeracy, ICT, working with others, and problem solving.
BE INSPIRED BY OUR BLOGS
- Skills on show - Beauty students get creative in campus competition. Click here to read the blog.
- Find out what it’s really like - Kelly McMullan shares her experiences of studying Beauty at Ayrshire College. Click here to read the blog.
- ‘Amazing opportunities’ - discover why Kelly McCann believes Ayrshire College is best for Beauty. Click here to read the blog.
- See our Beauty students getting creative in the campus competition. Click here to view the photographs.
- End of year show for Hair, Beauty, Complementary Therapies and Make-Up students. Click here to view the photographs.