Short Full time
If you’re aiming to be a chef, this course can help you on your way to a successful career.
For entry to this course you’ll need:
- A real interest in cooking
- A desire to work in the fast paced and highly enjoyable hospitality industry
- Core skills of Communication and Numeracy at Level 3
- An interview with us
If you don’t have any formal qualifications, but have appropriate industry experience, knowledge and skills, then we’ll also consider you for a place, so please call us for a chat.
This course will help you develop your existing skills in cookery and teach you more about working in an industrial kitchen.
You’ll increase your knowledge of food products, build on your food preparation skills and learn to cook a whole range of basic dishes for starters, main courses and desserts.
You’ll practise professional food preparation and cooking, and presentation techniques, while learning to work faster so you reach real life, industry speed.
You’ll also have the opportunity to develop new or existing service skills in one of our live restaurants - either Inver at the Ayr Campus, or Salt and Barrel at Kilmarnock.
You’ll build transferable Essential Skills in meaningful contexts to help you become more effective in life, learning, and work. This could be communication, numeracy, ICT, working with others, and problem solving.
And like all our hospitality courses, you’ll have the chance to:
- Participate in real functions such as business events or bespoke dinners.
- Go on visits to restaurants, pubs, clubs or hotels.
- Join in Masterclasses from local industry professionals.
- Hear top tips on how to get ahead in hospitality from leading employers, successful venue owners and industry suppliers.
- Take part in competitions such inter-campus competitions or the national Student Team Challenge.
Interested? Come in for an informal chat to find out more. Email Richard Canale at email@example.com or call Maggie Garrard on 01563 523501 extension 8662 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
When you successfully complete this course, you’ll have the choice of:
- Moving on to a relevant course at the next level to advance your skills and knowledge e.g. Professional Cookery (Level 6) or Hospitality (Level 6)
- Applying for jobs such as a Junior, Trainee or Commis Chef.
BE INSPIRED BY OUR BLOGS
Cook up a career in professional cookery. Click here to read the blog.
See our blog on why hospitality is a great career choice hereBack to Professional Cookery