TRAINING FOR GREATER RESULTS
FLEXIBLE WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT FUND (FWDF)
This fund has been established to provide employers with flexible workforce development training opportunities to support inclusive economic growth through up-skilling or reskilling of employees. The fund is open to organisations that currently pay the Apprenticeship Levy. This funding is in addition to the existing apprenticeship support which all employers are eligible to access in Scotland; and Individual Training Accounts (ITA’s) which provide eligible individuals with the opportunity to undertake learning opportunities to develop their skills for employment. This fund may be particularly beneficial in addressing skills gaps and the training needs of the older workforce.
· The FWDF is available to all levy-paying employers in Scotland across the private, public and third sectors
· Each levy-paying employer can access up to a maximum of £15,000 in 2019-20
· The FWDF can be used as part-contribution towards training of a higher cost
· Levy-paying employers may submit only one application (in Scotland) within the application period. This application is submitted to your nearest College.
· The FWDF will not support provision of qualifications or training required by legislation
We will be processing applications on a first come first served basis, contact us now to register your interest in this fund at FWDF@ayrshire.ac.uk. A member of our Business Solutions Team will contact you to discuss your training needs and help you make a formal application. Applications are now OPEN. For more information visit the Scottish Government website.
Flexible Workforce Development Fund
The Flexible Workforce Development Fund is for Apprenticeship Levy paying employers from the private, public and third sector.
If you are an employer with a wage bill of over £3m then you may be eligible to apply for the Flexible Workforce Development Fund to meet your skills gaps.
- A new increased cap of up to £15k for Apprenticeship Levy payers to up-skill or re-skill their existing workforce.
- Engage and motivate existing employees by offering them high quality training to bring the greatest benefits to your organisation.
The Fund is flexible
- Apprenticeship Levy paying employers in Scotland have the flexibility to choose the training they need.
- Eligible employers can select a college of their choice.
- Employers can use the Fund to address priority skills gaps.
- Apprenticeship Levy payers have the flexibility to pass on the benefits of Fund access to their supply chain.
Apprenticeship Levy payers can access the Flexible Workforce Development Fund across Scotland’s regional college network
- Access up to £15k of college training.
- The college sector is recognised as an important part of Scotland’s skills and training system.
- Access training in high quality learning environments available in Scotland’s colleges.
We will be processing applications on a first come first served basis, contact us now to register your interest in this fund at FWDF@ayrshire.ac.uk. A member of our Business Growth Team will contact you to discuss your training needs and help you make a formal application. Applications are now OPEN. For more information visit the Scottish Government website.