The Ayrshire College Foundation will provide funding of grants up to £5000 for students of Ayrshire College who are interested in developing ideas to start up their own business. To help us inspire more students to be enterprising, we are working in partnership with Bridge 2 Business to support idea development. This event is to launch the Enterprising Student Fund, and to raise awareness with students, staff and partners. We hope our employers will support us by helping to develop enterprising mindsets and we look forward to welcoming employers at the launch to discuss how they can help with this.
* Free online assessment tool to generate your enterprise profile
* The students will be mentored by the Enterprise Executive at Bridge 2 Business to create a business plan, and access the support, training and advice available to develop a business idea.
* Bridge to Business have a wide variety of support partners that are available to advise and support the students
* These support partners can be invited to future events, and referrals can be arranged to connect with students at one to one meetings and training workshops
* Students can attend future annual Bridge 2 Business events to network and meet support partners
* Students will be invited to all regional events and training workshops taking place at Ayrshire College.
* Students can access FREE online Digital Skills Training Courses offered by Accenture (9 in total)
* Apply for the £100 “Test the market” – grant from Bridge 2 Business – available via application to the Enterprise Executive at Bridge 2 Business
* FREE Market stalls to promote and sell business products and ideas to customers – in collaboration with our support partners, Royal Bank of Scotland branches.
How to apply for funding
Make an appointment with the Enterprise Executive at Bridge 2 Business to complete the Student Enquiry form.
The Student Enquiry form can be completed here: https://bit.ly/3qzB042
Forward the application form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Complete the student online enterprise profile.
Receive one to one mentoring and training through a series of one-to-one meetings and workshops.
Complete training workshops to develop your business skills with external support partners including Business Gateway and The Prince’s Trust.
Gain practical skills through work experience and the “learn by doing” model.
Complete a student development tracker to monitor your progress and achievements.
Complete FREE digital skills training courses with Accenture (9 in total).
Submit Business Plan and Cash Flow documents to the Enterprise Executive at Bridge 2 Business who will pass to the enterprising students’ panel.
After the initial application submission stage, the panel will then select the students who have been successful in securing an interview to discuss funding.
The deadline for applications will be April and June. Successful students will be notified by email on the next stage to attend an interview with the panel.
Following the panel interview - students will receive a letter from the chair of the panel advising on the outcome of their application.