Trainee Data Processor, Irvine - Aspect Land & Hydrographic Surveys Ltd
Hours of Work - Monday – Friday 8.30am to 5.30pm
Aspect Land & Hydrographic Surveys Ltd are a chartered survey company based in Irvine and working throughout the UK. They currently have employment opportunities for individuals with an interest in a career in Data Processing to join our team.
The role will involve working within a positive, friendly environment, gaining experience in managing data from a variety of applications, including aerial, land and hydrographic surveying. Full training will be provided in the use of specialist equipment and software packages.
Day to day activities will involve using computer-aided design (CAD) and other specialist IT software packages to process and interpret data and to present information.
The successful candidate will have a keen interest in IT, particularly CAD and 3D Modelling, or high-level gaming expertise. Attention to detail is an important element of the role, as is the ability to work to deadlines.
Training in industry specific software packages will be provided but an aptitude for data manipulation and the production of high quality out-puts is essential. This is likely to be based on an IT related qualification, although applications from other disciplines will be considered.
Following a period of in-house training, the main duties and responsibilities of the role will include:
- Supporting the Aerial, Land & Hydrographic departments in ensuring that best practice is adopted in relation to data processing across the relative survey departments.
- Examining and processing raw survey data received from the survey teams.
- Calibrating and applying GNSS, Motion, Tide & SV corrections and filtering survey data as per client requirements.
- Integrating composite high-resolution data sets derived from a range of survey equipment, such as UAVs, ASVs, Multibeam echosounders, Static, Mobile & Aerial acquired LiDAR & Photogrammetric sensors.
- Assisting surveyors with project preparation, data deliverables and reporting.
- Maintaining file records and QA sheets
Closing date - 21 June 2021
Contact email: email@example.com