Health and Social Care
FAA Award in Leading First Aid for Mental Health (SCQF Level 6)
Attendance / Duration
2 Days (9:30am - 4:00pm) - Ayr Campus
Cost & ITA Funding
ITA Funding is available for this course, click here to apply!
To find out more about ITA Funding please visit our ITA Page.
Book / Enquiry
Wednesday 31st May - Book here
To be added to our waiting list for upcoming courses please email email@example.com
This qualification provides learners with the knowledge to recognise a wide range of mental health conditions and learn about the support/therapy provided by professional healthcare providers. This course will provide knowledge on how to start a supportive conversation, know when to signpost a person to seek appropriate professional help, recognise & manage stress and understand the impact of substance abuse.
Learners will learn about the first aid action plan for mental health, be able to put it in place and understand how to implement a positive mental health culture in the workplace. Learners will not diagnose or treat mental health conditions as this can only be carried out by healthcare professionals but will gain the knowledge to identify when a person may have a condition and know where they can go to get help.
- Understanding mental health is, why people develop mental health conditions and the role of a First Aider for mental health
- Providing advice and practical support for a person presenting a suspected mental health condition
- Recognising and managing stress
- Understanding the impact of substance abuse on mental health
- Understanding the first aid action plan for mental health and be able to put it in place
- Implementing a positive mental health culture in the workplace
The qualification is assessed through two written assessment papers and the practical demonstration of the first aid action plan for mental health. Learners must successfully pass all parts of the assessment to be awarded the qualification.
31 May 2023