The College has a range of salons across its campuses which are open to the general public, students and staff during term time. Clients can choose from a wide range of beauty, nail and hair treatments, as well as holistic therapies. Our salons use industry standard equipment and technology. Students range in level of skill and are supervised by fully qualified lecturers to ensure that they provide a high quality service.
The treatments in our training salons are low prices and we use recognised product brands. Students provide a relaxed, friendly and professional atmosphere and are always looking for clients.
A skin test will be required before hair colouring treatments, and should be carried out 24-48 hours prior to treatment. Unfortunately we cannot provide a hair colouring treatment to anyone under the age of 16. A patch test is also required prior to tinting and perming treatments and should be conducted at least 48 hours prior to treatment.
COVID CLIENT GUIDELINES
- As part of the Training Salon COVID procedures we may contact you to confirm you do not have symptoms.
- Please do not attend your appointment if you are waiting for a COVID test result or self-isolating.
- If you have any COVID symptoms, however mild, stay at home.
- Please limit personal possessions and bring a spare bag with you to store any belongings such as a coat or jacket.
- Face coverings are mandatory when moving around the building and for salon treatments you will be require to wear a grad 2 mask, which can be supplied if you do not have one.
- Please ensure you arrive at your allocated time, if you are late this may result in your appointment being cancelled.
- Walk-in appointments are currently not available.
- Prior to any colour service a skin test must be carried out. Not having a skin test will result in your appointment being cancelled
- Upon arrival you mush use the hand sanitiser provided.
- Please attend your appointment unaccompanied.
Kilmarnock Campus, Ground Floor, Hill Street, Kilmarnock, KA1 3HY
The You. Salon is our commercial salon based at the Kilmarnock Campus. There are a wide range of beauty, make-up, nail and hair treatments available.
For information on availability of treatments, prices and opening hours or to book an appointment please contact: 01563 523501 Ext: 8036
Visit the YOU salon website for more information and a price list.
Join us on Facebook
Ayr Campus, Level 3, Riverside Building, Dam Park, Ayr, KA8 0EU
Facilities at Ayr Campus comprise of four salons, a relaxation room and a sauna. You can choose from a wide range of hair and beauty treatments, all carried out in sophisticated surroundings. Treatments include a style, cut, colour, manicure, massage and waxing.
For information on availability of treatments, prices and opening hours or to book an appointment please contact: 01292 293562
Kilmarnock Campus, Level 2, Hill Street, Kilmarnock, KA1 3HY
Facilities at the Kilmarnock Campus comprise of beauty salons, hair salons and nail bars. Our award-winning students will take excellent care of you. Treatments include cuts, colours, highlights, facials, waxing, manicures, pedicures and massage.
For information on availability of treatments, prices and opening hours or to book an appointment please contact: 01563 523501 Ext: 8210
Kilwinning Campus, Level 1, Lauchlan Way, Kilwinning, KA13 6DE
The hair and beauty salon at Kilwinning Campus boasts excellent facilities. Treatments are carried out by students in the final stages of their training and include styling, cutting, colouring, highlights, perming to manicure, facials, electrolysis and massage.
For information on availability of treatments, prices and opening hours or to book an appointment please contact: 01294 559000 Ext. 2220
Ayrshire College Make-Up Artistry
Our fantastic HND Make-Up students are showcasing the amazing talents over on their own website; www.acmu.co.uk. You will see every kind of makeup from natural day makeup to body painting to SFX makeup. Enjoy scrolling through our wonderful student's pages to see their fantastic talent.
You can also find them over on Instagram @ayrshirecollegemu