What is a School-College Course?
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
As part of your school timetable in S4, S5 and S6 you can choose to study a college course.
Studying at college will enable you to gain additional skills and experiences that will help to prepare you for future studies and/or a career.
Other benefits include:
- Choose from subjects not available at school
- Get an insight into the course and career opportunities
- Meet students from other schools with the same interests as you
- Expand your social life
- Learn in an adult environment
- Access to gym facilities (over 16s)
- Use of College restaurants and Salon
- Help is available for full-time college applications
- You get a Student Card (store discounts)
What can I do with a College qualification?
Gaining a college level qualification while you are still at school looks good on your applications for college, university, a modern apprenticeship, or a job. The qualification will help you demonstrate your skills and knowledge in a specific subject area, making you a more desirable candidate. You may also be able to progress to a higher level qualification at college, giving you a head start when you have left school.