Part Time Outdoor Instructor - Activity Centre on Craufurdland Estate
We’re looking for Instructors to look after our customers in the great outdoors, at our activity centre on Craufurdland Estate, near Fenwick. We have the Tree Top Trials site in the woods, we offer Archery, Team Building, plus other challenges on the ground and at height. You’ll be looking after our customers while they take on their outdoor challenges – you’ll be fitting harnesses, delivering safety briefs and training, out and about assisting with local marketing and much more besides.
You’ll understand that we stick to our Health and Safety rules, so if you’re thinking of applying, you’ll need to be over 18 so that you are able to supervise all age groups.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Welcome customers and prepare them to take part in their activity.
• Assist in successfully delivering the adventure, ensuring a great customer experience, caring for equipment, managing facilities, Health and Safety, and a bit of administration.
• Ensure customers’ complete relevant paperwork and comply with company rules and policy.
• Fit, remove and inspect harnesses and protective equipment.
• Demonstrate and ensure the safe system of activities at all times.
• Instruct and brief customers on safety procedures and the safe way of experiencing activities - evaluate participant competence to continue beyond the briefing stage.
• Monitor every participant individually at the briefing stage.
• Patrol the course; ensure all participants are safely conducting themselves and assist participants where necessary, carry out emergency drills in accordance with company directives and training, and ensure all landing sites are maintained to the correct standard.
• Help with local marketing as required by the Management Team.
• Do everything within reason to minimise customer complaints and maximise satisfaction.
• Apply first aid when necessary, appropriate to your skill level.
• Report and record accidents and incidents.
• Carry out course checks and record/report findings.
• Assist with risk assessments and method statements where required.
• Assist with customer enquiries and bookings.
• Carry out course maintenance checks.
• Keep up to date with the First Sight File.
• Read and comply with the company handbook.
• Safety conscious, with a professional outlook.
• Able to work under own initiative without supervision.
• A ‘customer comes first’ attitude with drive and enthusiasm to achieve customer WOW!
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• High standard of personal hygiene and appearance.
• Enthusiastic team player who is able to work with other colleagues in a dynamic working environment.
• High energy levels with a cheerful disposition, even when under pressure.
• Must like working outdoors and have a good head for heights.
• Must be able to demonstrate attention to detail and ability to diligently follow procedures.
• Own your own transport (our site is remote with no public transport links).
• Basic First Aid Certificate (you’ll need to have this before you start).
• Able to perform all physical duties (with reasonable adjustments where required).
• First-hand experience of High-wire courses (as user or instructor).
• Archery GB instructor qualification.
• Previous instructional experience.
• Live within 1 hours commute of estate.
• Coaching or training experience.
• Marketing and sales experience.
• Health & Safety experience.
• Climbing / high ropes experience.
• Practical DIY & maintenance skills.
• Previous contact with corporate clients or school groups.
• Computer literate.
Please note, this role will initially be on a Part-Time basis. However, more hours will become available over the summer period.
Please send your CV to the following email address to apply: