HNC Electrical Engineering (Infill), Level 7
All Ayrshire Schools
This is a course for school pupils
Wednesday and Thursday
9:00 - 4:00
Who is the course for?
This course is for anyone who has an interest in Electrical Engineering and who wishes to progress to university or to employment through a modern apprenticeship.
Electrical Engineering is an exciting field of study with many opportunities within both an industrial and domestic setting such as production and process plants, maintenance, design, domestic wiring and testing and within the rail network.
What is the course about?
The course covers theory and practical aspects of Electrical Engineering. You will cover basic electrical safety, Mathematics to assist you with performing electrical calculations and problem solving.
The course includes:
- Engineering Mathematics 1
- Electrical Machine Principles
- Application of Electrical and Electronic Instruments
- Engineering Mathematics 2
- Applications of Programmable Logic Controllers
- Electrical Engineering: Graded Unit 1
- Three Phase Systems
- Communication: Practical Skills
- DC and AC Principles
- Electrical Safety
- Electricity Power Systems
What are the entry requirements?
For entry to this course you'll need:
- A real interest in Electrical Engineering
- A minimum of one relevant Higher at Grade C or above, preferably Mathematics or Physics
How will I be assessed?
What should I expect?
This course will give you sound knowledge and understanding in the core aspects of electrical engineering while giving you the opportunity to specialise in several key areas. Your classes will consist of classroom-based theory work and incorporate some practical work to apply your knowledge to real life engineering problems. You’ll develop practical skills in testing and measuring electrical circuit properties using analogue and digital instruments.
You may progress to:
- Degree course at university, via our articulation arrangements, at UWS or Glasgow Caledonian University
- Start your career with a technical level post or an apprenticeship