PDA Education Support Assistant
Full-time, one year
This course is designed to develop and enhance your knowledge, skills, values, and competencies. Ideal for those wishing to work with, or already working with, children and young people in an education setting.
The PDA Education Support Assistance is appropriate for those who are currently employed or considering employment in the education sector. It enables learners to work as a member of staff who has responsibility for providing care and educational support to children and young people. You will provide support to the learning and teaching process and the wellbeing of children and young people.
Each week you will be in college two days and one day on placement in a primary or secondary school, working with children, young people, and the staff team.
To apply for this creative journey, you'll need:
- a real interest in children’s learning and development
- five relevant National 5s or equivalent, including English and ideally Maths, OR a relevant NC course at SCQF Level 5
- an interview with us
- eligible to be a member of the PVG scheme
If you don’t have formal qualifications but have life experience, then we’ll also consider you for a place, so please do apply.
During this course, you may learn:
- understanding professional practice
- development of children and young people
- supporting the behaviour of children and young people
- supporting children and young people who require additional support for learning
- protecting and promoting the rights of the child
- working with children and young people with autism
Next Steps and Career Opportunities
Once you’ve successfully completed this course, you may have the choice of moving onto an HNC course such as:
- HNC Childhood Practice
- HNC Additional Support Needs
- or seeking to start your career as a Support Worker in a range of education settings
After achieving additional qualifications, possible careers include:
- diverse roles working with children and families across the sector, including ASN support and practitioner roles
Why Choose This Course
By choosing this course, you may gain the practical skills and experience that prepare you for work in the education sector. You will develop a strong understanding of professional practices and contribute to the wellbeing of children and young people.
Join us and take the first step towards a rewarding career.