Pre-Apprenticeship in Plumbing @ SCQF5
Full-time, one year
Three National 4s or three relevant Standard Grades at General Level, Maths and a Technical subject preferable, or a pass in a relevant NC course at SCQF Level 4 or equivalent.
A place on the course is subject to an interview process. Students without any formal qualifications, but with life experience and a demonstrable interest in the subject area will also be considered for entry.
In this course you will learn the practical skills, environmental aspects and associated technologies, at the appropriate level. If successful on this course you will be an attractive option for potential employers within the Building Services Engineering sectors of Plumbing; Heating and Ventilating. This course is, in effect, a pre-apprenticeship award. There is a strong emphasis on safety throughout the program.
The course is designed to give you the knowledge, understanding and skills required to make an immediate contribution in employment or further opportunities for study/training within the Scottish Building Services Engineering sector.
Units covered may include:
- Basic Plumbing Operations
- Basic Heating and Ventilation Operations
- Basic Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Operations
- Energy and the Environment
- Application of Hand Tools and Accessories
- Plumbing Services : An Intro
- Hot and Cold Water Systems: An Intro
- Discharge Systems : An Intro
- Install and Connect Domestic Appliances
- Skills for Lifelong Learning and Work
- Information and Communication Technology
You’ll also build transferable Essential Skills in meaningful contexts to help you become more effective in life, learning, and work. This could be communication, numeracy, ICT, working with others, and problem solving.·
Successful completion of this course will give you multiple opportunities for progression within the plumbing electrical and construction sectors.