Pre-Apprenticeship in Plumbing with Renewables @ SCQF5
Full-time, one year
As of 9 June 2022, applications for this course are for a Waiting List only
Three National 4s or three relevant Standard Grades at General Level, Maths and or Physics preferable, or a pass in a relevant NC course at SCQF Level 4 or equivalent.
A place on the course is subject to an interview process. Students without any formal qualifications, but with life experience and a demonstrable interest in the subject area will also be considered for entry.
In this course you will learn the practical skills, environmental aspects and associated technologies, at the appropriate level. If you achieve this qualification you will be an attractive option for potential employers within the Building Services Engineering sectors of Plumbing; Heating and Ventilating; Air Conditioning and Refrigeration; Electrical, Electro Technical. The NPA is, in effect, a pre-apprenticeship award. There is a strong emphasis on safety throughout the program.
The NPA is designed to give you the knowledge, understanding and skills required to make an immediate contribution in employment or further opportunities for study/training within the Scottish Building Services Engineering sector.
Units covered may include:
- Basic Plumbing Operations
- Basic Heating and Ventilation Operations
- Basic Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Operations
- Energy and the Environment
- Basic Electrical Installation Operations
- Systems, Roles, Responsibilities and Procedures
- Application of Electrical Hand Tools and Accessories
- Sheet Lead Weathering: An Intro
- Plumbing Services : An Intro
- Hot and Cold Water Systems: An Intro
- Discharge Systems : An Intro
- Prepare and Secure Domestic Plumb Appliances: An Intro
- Skills for Lifelong Learning and Work
- Information and Communication Technology
- Problem solving
- Essential skills development
- CSCS Training
- Construction Occupation Practices: An Intro
You’ll also build transferable Essential Skills in meaningful contexts to help you become more effective in life, learning, and work. This could be communication, numeracy, ICT, working with others, and problem solving.
Successful completion of this course will give you multiple opportunities for progression within the plumbing electrical and construction sectors.