Hair, Beauty, Complementary Therapies and Make-Up
Wellness and Complementary Therapies level 7
Comparable to Level 7
Full-time, one year
Wellness is the active pursuit of activities, choices and lifestyles that lead to a state of holistic health. Wellness and Complementary therapies can promote physical and mental wellbeing: to support the physical, emotional, and mental health of individuals and communities.
Wellness, complementary and holistic therapeutic approaches have become extremely popular in the UK for supporting health and wellbeing, including massage and other holistic therapeutic. This can simply be an indulgent treatment experience at a spa or salon. However, it can also be used in the support and management of an individual coping with health issues.
If you want to learn and explore techniques for developing and promoting a healthy lifestyle, and to help others, then this course is an ideal starting point.
For entry to this course, you’ll need:
- A real interest in Health & Wellbeing
- 1 Higher or equivalent or a qualification at SCQF Level 6 or equivalent
- To apply, completing all sections, including Personal Statement in full.NB we may notify you of the outcome by letter and/or invite you to attend an online or telephone interview.
- To be aged 16 or over.
The Wellness and Complementary Therapies at level 7/8 will ensure you have advance knowledge and skills in an array of Therapeutic Treatments within Complementary and Holistic Health and Wellbeing areas. You'll develop the knowledge and essential skills required for working in a holistic, complementary therapy or spa environment, as well as self-development and self-help techniques.
This course has practical work and there is also a theoretical element in the form of tutor led sessions and research projects. This course also prepares learners to study at HE level.
Here’s just some of what you may study:
- Anatomy and physiology
- Aromatherapy .
- Advance Body massage
- Head massage
- Health - you’ll explore a range of health perspectives and factors influencing health in today’s society.
- Clinic and commercial practice - you’ll prepare to work in a clinic or commercial setting, demonstrating your knowledge and skills through consulting, planning and performing Complementary Therapy treatments. You’ll look at ethical, legal, moral and professional concepts relating to therapeutic practice.
Progress to employment or self-employed Holistic Therapist within a salon or spa, Holistic Therapist within a Spa or a Holistic Clinical Practitioner.
Progress to HND or Degree programme