Kilwinning graduation for college students
HNC and HND graduates of Ayrshire College packed out the Abbey Church in Kilwinning on Thursday 7 and Friday 8 November for the Kilwinning Campus graduation.
171 successful students celebrated the completion of their courses in front of family, friends, lecturers and invited guests.
The graduates were presented with a special certificate to commemorate their college achievements.
There were further prizes given out to nine special students, as each curriculum area nominated one student to receive an award for being Student of the Year for the department. Prizes were also awarded for Making a Difference in the Community and Outstanding Achievement.
The 2019 Kilwinning graduation prizewinners were:
- Student of the Year – Art, Fashion and Media Award: Sylvan Buckley.
- Student of the Year – Business, Administration and Accounts Award: Angela Leishman.
- Student of the Year – Care Award: Louise Kerr.
- Student of the Year – Computing Award: David Wilkie.
- Student of the Year - Early Years Award: Cameron Rugg.
- Student of the Year – Hair, Beauty, Make-up and Complementary Therapies Award: Bhupinder Kaur.
- Student of the Year – Social Sciences Award: Kelly Hamilton.
- Student of the Year – Sport and Fitness Award: Anna McVicar.
- Making a Difference in the Community Award: Louise Kerr.
- Outstanding Achievement Award: Claire Preston.
Carol Turnbull, Ayrshire College Principal, announced at the ceremony that the overall Student of the Year for the Kilwinning Campus was Sylvan Buckley, from Saltcoats, who graduated with HND Photography.
Photography has been a hobby of Sylvan’s ever since he received a camera as a gift from his wife. Sylvan is now building his own photography business, Dynamic Scotland Photography.
Carol said “Our graduation ceremonies are a highlight of the academic year and an opportunity to celebrate the achievements of our learners and to thank the staff, college partners, learners’ families and friends for all the support they provide. We wish all the students graduating the very best of luck for the future.”
11 November 2019