INFORMATION FOR 2021/22
The Student Funding Team are based on each main campus and are there to offer you advice and assistance on any aspect of student support funding which includes Bursary, Education Maintenance Allowance, Childcare and Discretionary Funding.
These funds are here to support you financially while studying at Ayrshire College which can include living costs, travel, course materials and childcare. What you receive will be dependent on eligibility rules which include:
• Where you live, i.e. your nationality and residency status and how long you have resided in the UK and/or Scotland.
• Your course, e.g. whether your course is above or below HNC level, or, full or part-time.
• Your age at start date of the course – different levels of support are applicable subject to age.
• Your personal circumstances, e.g. your income or spouse/parents’ income, marital status, number of dependents, whether you are Care Experienced, etc.
• Whether you have received student funding before.
All students need to apply for funding each year through our College online funding application if studying a Further Education Course. These are all full-time courses below HNC level and are generally between level 1 to 6 on the Scottish Credits and Qualification Framework (SCQF). You will only be able to gain access to the online system if you have been offered a place and invited to apply for funding.
Students studying at HNC or HND level (level 7 and above) need to apply to the Students Award Agency for Scotland at www.saas.gov.uk.
The Scottish Government have also created a new website - Student Information Scotland at www.studentinformation.gov.scot. This website has information on all aspects of both Further and Higher Education student funding in Scotland. It also has a useful budgeting tool, funding checker as well as a whole host of other useful information for students.
If you have not already done so then you should apply for your funding as quickly as possible. The Student Funding team are there to help and can offer you advice and assistance to make sure you receive the right level of support.
We also have a Frequently Asked Questions section on the College website which is updated regularly which may be able to answer some of your questions.
You can seek advice from the Funding Team at each main campus or by emailing the campus where you attend below:
Telephone Number: 01563 495033
Student Funding Service Delivery
The Student Funding Team have changed the way we offer support to our student.
1. The desk will be open Monday to Friday between 9 am and 4 pm each day. Staff will not be available out with these hours at the desk but can still be contacted via email or telephone until 4.45 pm.
2. The main service desk function for the foreseeable future is to assist funding applicants to provide documentation in support of any funding application. Students should submit all documents electronically either through their online account or by email whenever possible. Only students who cannot provide electronic documents should come to the desk for this service. Staff members will assist and take photographic evidence of documents only. Staff will not handle original documents, copies or make hard copies.
3. General enquiries should be emailed to the campus inbox whenever possible or via telephone call.
4. Individual appointment can be arranged if required.
Service provision until full on campus service delivery resumes
1. All fund applications will be processed electronically.
2. All fund payments will be processed remotely.
3. Payment enquiries, general enquiries and advice will be responded to and provided electronically? Whenever possible students are advised to email their enquiries to the Student Funding email account where the course is campus based. Call backs will be arranged when required.
4. Both on campus and remote appointments will be available. This may be via telephone or Microsoft Teams/Zoom.
5. Childcare and taxi invoices will be processed remotely.
6. All student related documentation will be processed and stored electronically.
Changes that have been implemented to support a blended service delivery
1. Discretionary and Childcare funding applications are now editable electronic forms which can be emailed to the student to complete electronically and return by email. Students who need to submit documents are strongly encouraged to do this online or to email electronically in which staff can assist by providing instructions via email or telephone.
2. Childcare Invoices are now editable documents that are emailed and can be completed and returned electronically. Hard copies will not be accepted.
3. Award letters are now all sent via the students email account.
4. Acceptance forms are now electronically sent and a reply email has been developed as acceptance of award and the terms and conditions.
5. Microsoft Teams or Zoom will be utilised where possible.