Hospitality and Professional Cookery
Coffee, Cocktails and Conversation
Short Full Time, 18 weeks
If you’ve always wanted to work in a coffee shop, behind a bar or start your journey in hospitality, but lacked the confidence to do so, then this course is the one for you.
Minimum entry requirements:
- National 3 qualification in English and Maths
- A genuine interest in doing this course
- If you don’t have the minimum qualifications, you may still be considered for this course
This course will focus on positive mental health and wellbeing in a practical environment. It aims to:
- provide an awareness of mental health issues, identify coping strategies and build resistance
- develop confidence and communication skills through working behind the bar in the Salt and Barrel training restaurant
- develop practical skills such as making coffees and cocktails
- teach you how to work with others and as part of a team
- give you the opportunity to just chat and learn!
Hopefully, this course will end in a small event (a cocktail evening!) where you will be able to showcase your skills.
These are some of the units you will achieve on course completion:
- Mental health and Wellbeing award at SCQF Level 4
- Barista Skills
- Customer Care
Successful completion of this course may provide you with opportunities to:
- Apply for a job in a coffee shop or bar work
- Progress to a full-time hospitality course