Ayr Campus students graduate
HNC and HND graduates packed out the Ayr Town Hall in Ayr for the first of four Ayrshire College graduations.
154 successful students celebrated the completion of their courses in front of family, friends, lecturers and invited guests.
The graduates were presented with a special certificate to commemorate their college achievements.
There were further prizes given out to 14 special students, as each curriculum area nominated one student to receive an award for being Student of the Year for the department. Prizes were also awarded for Excellence in Architectural Technology, Excellence in Hospitality, Outstanding Achievement and Making a Difference in the Community.
The 2019 Ayr graduation prizewinners were:
- Student of the Year – Art, Fashion and Media Award: Robert Campbell.
- Student of the Year – Business, Administration and Accounts Award: John Lees-Gardiner.
- Student of the Year – Care Award: Dawn Scott.
- Student of the Year – Construction, Technology and Trades Award: Jordan Gilbert.
- Student of the Year – Early Years Award: Emma McQueen.
- Student of the Year – Engineering and Science Award: Thomas Corsan.
- Student of the Year – Hair, Beauty, Make-up and Complementary Therapies Award: Bethany Haire.
- Student of the Year – Hospitality and Tourism Award: Ross Bufton.
- Student of the Year – Performing Arts, Sound Production and Music Award: Arron Taylor.
- Student of the Year – Social Sciences Award: Rhys Taylor.
- Excellence in Architectural Technology Award: Elizabeth Meikle.
- Excellence in Hospitality Award: Michelle Kerr.
- Making a Difference in the Community Award: Kerry Charleton.
- Outstanding Achievement Award: Emma Yuill.
Carol Turnbull, Ayrshire College Principal, announced at the ceremony that the overall Student of the Year for the Ayr Campus was Emma McQueen, from Irvine, who graduated with HNC Childhood Practice.
Since leaving the College, Emma has gained employment with a nursery in Monkton and hopes to continue studying at the University of the West of Scotland.
Carol said “Our Graduation ceremonies are a highlight of the academic year and an opportunity to celebrate the achievements of our learners and to thank the staff, college partners, learners’ families and friends for all the support they provide. We wish all the students graduating the very best of luck for the future.”
11 October 2019