Short Full time
- Age 16 – 25
- Unsure what to do in life
Then the Prince’s Trust Team Programme could be just what you need to turn your life around!
Over 12 weeks, you’ll learn new skills, develop your confidence, go on work placements and take to the great outdoors! Most of all, you’ll have great fun and meet lots of new people, while achieving a Level 3/4/5 qualification.
For entry to the Prince’s Trust, you don’t need any formal qualifications, just the ability to work safely in a group. And there’s no interview either, you just come in for a chat so we can tell you a bit more about it.
You’ll be in a group of about 12 young people and at the start none of you will probably know each other – but that will soon change!
Here’s just some of what you’ll do:
- Go on a residential trip – you’ll spend a week at an outdoor centre trying activities like canoeing, climbing or raft-building.
- Get involved in a community project – as a team you’ll choose a project to benefit your local community and then work together to carry it out. It could be creating sensory gardens, restoring damaged and run down community areas, etc.
- Gain experience on a work placement – you’ll spend two weeks trying out your new skills in the workplace. It could be an office, shop, hairdressers, garage or elsewhere, depending on the experience you’re looking for.
- Carry out a Team Challenge – you and your team will take on a challenge to benefit people in the community, such as helping out at local hospitals, community centres or nurseries.
- Plan your future – we’ll help you plan your next steps, such as creating a CV to get you noticed, practice interview skills and making applications for jobs, training courses or college courses.
Along the way, you’ll discover talents you didn’t know you had, develop your English and Maths skills, and get ready to move into work, education or training.
You can do all this for FREE – and you won’t lose your benefits either.
Once you’ve successfully completed the Prince’s Trust Team Programme, you can choose to:
- Move onto a Level 4/5 course in just about anything.
- Look for a job, apprenticeship, place with other training providers or volunteering opportunities.
For further information on this course please contact:
- Kilwinning Campus – Jacqueline McFadzean 07545436394
- Ayr Campus – Tony Kane 07889361605
- Kilmarnock Campus – Bobby McCorriston 07545436393
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org