REHIS Elementary Food Hygiene
This course from the Royal Environmental Health Institute of Scotland (REHIS) is primarily for those currently employed or seeking employment in the hospitality/catering industry, either on a professional or voluntary basis. It satisfies the legal requirement for all food handlers to be trained in food hygiene.
Understanding how to prepare food in a safe, hygienic way is important whether you work in the hospitality industry, volunteer at your local community group or help organise events offering food to the public. It’s recommended that anyone involved in the handling and preparation of food for the public completes food handling training.
- Introduction to food hygiene
- Bacteria and their characteristics
- Incidences of food poisoning and its prevention
- Personal hygiene and working habits of food handlers
- The working environment
- Cleaning practices
- Common food pests and their control
- Food safety legislation
Click here to apply for ITA funding.
Click here to book!